Monday, March 2, 2009
You know you’re in France when...
• Your mother-in-law tells your 12-month-old to stop eating like a baby.
• Your neighbor tells you she never breastfed because her husband would not share her poitrine with the children.
• Your toddler won’t eat any meat other than duck liver pâté.
• There’s no room for your stroller in the restaurant, but there’s an old couple with a dog eating from a plate at the table next to yours.
• Your maternity ward has a wine list.
• You get bawled out by little old ladies in the street because your kid isn’t wearing a woolen hat in September.
• Your family tells you: