La Mom loves...THE AMERICAN HOSPITAL in Paris
Why? Let me count the ways:
- Because it’s American (so by definition that means excellent service!! Something the French are in the dark about)
- Because you can have your car valet parked while you visit your pediatrician
- Everyone speaks English
- It’s in Neuilly, the super-posh suburb where the mayor knows the best way to get re-elected is to keep the sidewalks clean (see blog post “Dodging Our Way To School”)
- Because I can have a “mommy time-out” and grab a café au lait, lemon tarte or croissant, and buy a People magazine in the hospital’s very refined Café
- Because, if I want to stay for lunch, I can dine in the hospital restaurant which actually uses white tablecloths and has a maitre d’!
- Where else can you catch a glimpse of a super-PILB (see blog post "PILB") – Brad Pitt?
No joke! My kids share the same pediatrician as Brad Pitt's kids. Well, now that the Jolie-Pitts live in the south of France, they probably don’t use the same pediatrician anymore. But they used to. Sometimes the family would come for flu shots at 6am just so nobody would see them. It really drove my pediatrician nuts that he had to get out of bed so early for them. Although, getting to stare at Angelina probably made up for it! Really though, I still can't believe my French Fries go to the same pediatrician that Mad & Z used when they lived in Paris a few years ago! They've been weighed on the same scale that Maddox Jolie-Pitt's little feet touched.
Urgent message from LaMom to Brad: Please move back to Paris! In the hospital corridor, I now I have to settle for catching a glimpse of the American ambassador’s wife, Kristen Scott Thomas, or Laura Bush when she passes through town. Not exactly the same excitement level if you know what I mean!